Spotify's app for Android smartphones and tablets
The greatest revolution in the music panorama of the last 20 years, even greater than Napster, has definitely come in the online music streaming field. In other words, the technology that allows us to play and listen to music with an Internet connection without needing to download anything. YouTube is based on this technology, but if we talk about music, the first name that springs to mind is Spotify.
Revolutionizing how we consume music
If the download of albums and songs in MP3 format had jeopardized the physical format, this modality has even managed to reduce the illegal download of music attacking one of the major problems in this industry: piracy. All the latter thanks to a system that allows us to listen to free music in exchange of adverts or paying a monthly subscription to get rid of them. And what about the artists? Yes, that's the other side of the coin: they're still earning the same as when illegal downloads of MP3 were a problem... almost nothing.
Legal music always in your pocket.
Spotify's Android application
Carrying this system around on your smartphone or tablet is as simple as downloading the APK of Spotify Music. It's a player that grants you access to its entire online catalog. How many songs does it have? Over 40 million, so you'll probably never get round to listening to them all. In turn, if you're a premium user you can take advantage of the possibility to listen to them offline.
- Allows you to download music from Spotify and play it offline.
- Supports private listening.
- Share music with your friends.
- You can create and synchronize playlists.
- Share the songs that you are listening to with Last.fm and Facebook.
- You can transfer MP3 files via Wi-Fi from your computer to your mobile.
But, can I download music from Spotify in MP3?
Well, that's the question that hundreds of thousands of users ask themselves and search for some kind of program and app that allows them to do so. But no, it's not possible for the time being. The only program that used to work decently was Spotydl but not anymore.
The key to the Swedish company's success precisely lies in its capacity to keep the music in a closed format that's very difficult to extract that's not compatible with any player other than theirs. That's why it's so hard to find apps to rip its music... and also because they take care of searching for them and taking them down.
How much does it cost? Is it expensive to go Premium?
Cheap and expensive are two very relative concepts. However, the company offers us different subscription plans that range from the free version to the family plan that allows us to share our account with different members and devices (iPhone, Windows PC, Mac, Web...) to listen to music on all of them at the same time. These are the prices:
- Free: 0€ per month.
- Premium: 9.99€ per month but without adverts and song limits, and with an offline mode…
- Family: the price of 9.99€ per month of the Premium subscription is maintained, but there's a 50% discount for each new member. Therefore, a new member of the family would only have to pay 4.99€. The limit is established at 4 members, therefore, for just under 20€, four different people can play music at the same time from their smartphones.
This system is definitely one of the best to listen to music on Android without worries. Better than Pandora, Rdio, Apple Music or SoundCloud? Sure: the accessibility and the wide range of songs are worth it.
What's new in the latest version
- No changelog has been published.
- You can access the service with your Facebook account or with your Spotify user account.
- Spotify is available in the countries listed here.
- The free version of Spotify for mobile lets you listen to any singer, album or playlist in random mode.
- Includes adverts.
- The version, size and requirements of Android depend on the device.
Listen to music via streaming on your PC
Spotify Music iPhone 8.1.0
Listen to music on your iPhone