Listen to music on your iPhone
The way we listen to music has evolved greatly over the last few years. For this first time in history, the consumption of music in digital format has exceeded the physical format, and that's specially thanks to a service like Spotify, the music streaming platform par excellence that already has around 100 million monthly users, of which 40 million are paid subscribers, fact that its main rivals can't boast about yet.
All the music you can think of, now in your pocket.
And this is the official iPhone application of the streaming service that has managed to change trends in the world of music. Not only have we left physical format music to one side, but we're also gradually forgetting about the music downloads in MP3 format that were the real rage almost a decade ago. Although thanks to the success of this app, different services have appeared promising to help us download songs from its catalog.
How many songs does it have?
But, how many songs are we talking about? Well, its current catalog comes along with about 30 million songs, which are already more than what we could listen to in a lifetime. But furthermore, thousands of new songs are added every day, so the service's growth seems unstoppable at content level, and many artists who were initially unwilling to share their creations have ended up giving in, in view of the fact that it's the greatest music diffusion platform at present.
Spotify Music vs. the competition
Is it better than other music streaming platforms? Better than Rdio? Better than SoundCloud? Does it improve Pandora? Well, everyone can have their own say but we won't be too far off if we say yes, it's the best. Poor old Rdio had to sell into Pandora after going bankrupt, while the concept behind SoundCloud is slightly different. So, yes. Daniel Ek's platform, both in terms of growth, catalog and functions is the king of music streaming. Maybe only Apple Music can put up a fight in the future, but for the time being it's still in its early stages.
Main features of the free version
- The best way to listen to music on your iPhone or iPad.
- Catalog with over 30 million songs in continuous expansion.
- More than new 20,000 songs added every day.
- Music in the highest quality.
- Play any song for free at any moment wherever you are.
- Create your own playlists.
- Play artists, albums, and playlists in shuffle mode.
- Online radio stations organized by genres: pop, soul, rock, etc.
- Possibility to search by artist, album, song name, genre.
- Recommendations based on your music tastes and lists of current hits.
- Access to podcasts and live concerts.
What's Spotify Premium all about?
Well, it's simply the paid version of this service that removes the adverts that are played between song and song and that can turn out to be quite bothersome. Furthermore, it's the only way to remove the shuffle mode limitation when playing albums and playlists.
But, the most noteworthy function of this premium version is the possibility to listen to playlists offline, so it's as if you had all the songs downloaded to your phone.
And how much do I have to play? Well, if you think you're going to make the most of this paid modality, for just under 10 dollars per month you can gain access to the Premium version, although you can always go for a Family plan compatible with up to 6 different accounts for just 15 euros per month.
What's new in the latest version
- No changelog has been published.
- You can access the service with your Facebook account or with your Spotify user account.
- Spotify is available in the countries listed here.
- The free version of Spotify for mobile lets you listen to any singer, album or playlist in random mode.
- Includes adverts.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
- Requires iOS 8.0 or above.
- Offers in-app purchases.
Listen to music via streaming on your PC
Spotify's app for Android smartphones and tablets